Our priorities 2017-2020
The ihub priorities are to support the design and implementation of a health and social care system that:
- works together in a co-ordinated way with individuals to understand what matters most in their lives and builds support around achieving the outcomes that are important to them
- focuses on prevention, anticipation and supported self-management
- enables independent living for longer in a home environment that supports independence, health and wellbeing
- enables greater self-determination and choice
- recognises the importance of community connectedness, place-based approaches and working with local people to design and deliver care
- uses and generates evidence about what works in improving outcomes
- works to actively rebalance/address inequalities of access and outcomes
- delivers the maximum impact for each pound invested, and
- has embedded cultures of continuous quality improvement.
We do this through:
- supporting services and systems to understand their high impact opportunities for improvement
- assisting in the design of processes, care models and systems which will improve outcomes
- providing practical support to enable organisations to implement changes that will lead to improvement, and
- supporting services and systems to evaluate the impact of their changes, embed successful change and spread the learning about what has and hasn’t worked.