The provision of effective residential rehabilitation services for people who use drugs and/or alcohol was identified as a key component of the Scottish Government's national mission to reduce drug related deaths in Scotland. Healthcare Improvement Scotland were commissioned to work with ADPs alongside people who use services to redesign pathways into, through and out of residential rehab to:
- Ensure equitable access to residential rehabilitation across Scotland
- Ensure pathways are clear, consistent and easy to navigate
- Evidence and share best practice across Scotland
This webinar will introduce Healthcare Improvement Scotland’s approach to supporting the redesign of pathways and will be an opportunity to hear from the Scottish Government on the importance of access to and availability of Residential Rehab as a recovery choice for people who use drugs and/or alcohol.
The webinar aims to:
- Provide an overview of the national strategic context driving this work
- Introduce the HIS improvement support offer for redesigning residential rehab pathways
- to stimulate discussion about how to deliver equitable access to Residential Rehab across Scotland
Key speakers will include:
- Angela Constance, Minister for Drugs Policy, Scottish Government
- Ruth Glassborow, Director of Improvement, Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Lawrence Pavia, Senior Improvement Advisor, Healthcare Improvement Scotland
Location: This webinar will be hosted on Microsoft Teams via a link which can be used with or without Microsoft Teams being installed.
Date and time: Tuesday, 21 March 2023 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
Registration: Register here to join this event
This session is open to those with a professional interest in this area and registrations may include representatives from:
- Health and social care
- Housing sector
- Justice including Scottish Prison Service
- Policy colleagues from Scottish Government and local authorities
- Third sector
- People with lived/living experience