Webinar on Respiratory Care and Management in Primary Care
Respiratory conditions are some of the most commonly presented conditions within primary care, especially during the winter period. The Scottish Government is committed to facilitating large-scale improvement in respiratory care and management to ensure quality services are available from the right place at the right time. Improving multidisciplinary team (MDT) capacity in primary care is crucial for the development and sustainability of delivering continued high-quality respiratory services to patients.
In this webinar, we aim to facilitate an engaging discussion on the challenges and opportunities of multi-disciplinary team working in mental health settings within primary care services by looking at relevant policies and examples of local initiatives.
We have a very exciting line up of speakers:
- Dave Anderson, Respiratory Physician, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, and Chair, Scottish Community Respiratory Network
- Alpana Mair, Head of Effective Prescribing and Therapeutics Division, Scottish Government
- Claire Yerramasu, Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner and Team Lead, Midlothian Community Respiratory Team, NHS Lothian
- Anne Ritchie, Co-founder and Co-ordinator, The Cheyne Gang, a community singing group for people living with long term respiratory conditions
The aims of this webinar series are to:
1. reflect on what we have learned
2. explore what changes we have made and what we need as we move forward, and
3. connect and learn from each other.
Who is this webinar series for?
This webinar series is for all primary care multidisciplinary staff and teams. The webinars focus on current and relevant topics and enable participants to connect with peers, whilst providing feedback on their own experiences.
How do I join?