Local opportunities for improvement
Supported work in 30 out of 31 Integration Authorities
The ihub supports services and systems to understand their high impact opportunities for improvement in the following ways.
- We provide practical tools, guidance and support to enable delivery partners to understand the extent to which the design of their current systems and processes helps or hinders the delivery of high quality care.
- Through joint working with Our Voice (www.ourvoice.scot), we provide practical guidance so delivery partners can better understand the needs, experiences and current outcomes of those accessing care.
- We support delivery partners to use data (qualitative and quantitative) to evaluate areas for improvement and to better understand population need.
- We develop self-assessment tools and support their implementation, ensuring alignment with any self-assessment processes used by Healthcare Improvement Scotland’s Quality Assurance Directorate and the Care Inspectorate. We are working with the Improvement Service to further develop the Public Service Improvement Framework (PSIF) for Integrated Authorities.
- We proactively provide information on what has worked elsewhere in delivering improvement support.
- We provide independent facilitation to support those delivering services to develop a common understanding of their priority areas for improvement.