Capturing and sharing learning from elective care services using quality improvement to sustainably and affordably improve waiting times.
The Access learning system supports elective care services to improve access to services by:
- sharing the experience of planned care services who have used quality improvement to improve waiting times,
- providing tools, resources and guidance that enable the use of quality improvement in planned care service, and
- demonstrating the benefits of using quality improvement to sustainably improve waiting times, improve service user experience and increase staff feeling of agency and well being.
We do this by capturing and sharing examples of services in Scotland, and the across the world, that:
- use quality improvement tools to identify where to focus improvement activity
- use data to understand flow across pathways
- test and implement high impact change ideas, and
- engage with service users in pathway improvement.
The current phase of the Access learning system runs from August 2021 to March 2022. You can get involved by:
- Sharing your example of using quality improvement to improve waiting times by completing this form and a member of the team will get in touch.
- Listening to our podcast series talking to leaders in the health system, clinicians and service managers about their experience and insights using quality improvement to improve waiting times.
- Reading examples from services that have shared their experience improving waiting times.
Get in touch
Email us at email@example.com if you have a question about the Access Learning System or if would like to speak to a member of the team about using quality improvement to improve waiting times.