Background and partner information
Our dementia in hospitals programme finished in March 2023.
Scottish Government commissioned the dementia in hospitals improvement programme. We aligned our work with the Scottish Government - National Dementia Strategy: 2017-2020. It was to run from September 2019 to September 2021. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, funding was extended to March 2023.
Our key partners were the Alzheimer Scotland Dementia Consultants. They co-designed the programme and provided local leadership to the participating hospital teams.
The executive sponsorship was through the Scottish Executive Nurse Director (SEND) group. A representative of SEND chaired the delivery group. The Executive Nurse Directors agreed the contracts at NHS board level.
The programme was also supported by a stakeholder delivery group. This group provided advice and guidance on delivery. The group had representation from:
- Allied Health Professional Directors (Scotland) group
- Alzheimer Scotland Dementia Consultant group
- Clinical leadership (Psychiatry, Psychology and Allied Health Professionals)
- Executive Nurse Director group
- National Dementia Carers Action Network
- NHS Education for Scotland
- Scottish Dementia Working Group
- Scottish Government dementia policy team