Supporting people with a learning disability and advancing dementia webinar
Colleagues from health, social care, academia and the third sector from across the UK and beyond joined us as we shared new guidance to help support people with a learning disability and advancing dementia move to a care home on 8 March 2023.
The guidance was developed in collaboration with Inverclyde Health and Social Care Partnership as part of the Inverclyde Care Co-ordination programme. This programme of work supported improvements and redesign of community based services to improve the experience, safety and co-ordination of care for people with dementia from diagnosis to end of life care. Find out more about the improvement work in Inverclyde on the Inverclyde Care Co-ordination webpage.
- Supporting people with an intellectual/learning disability and advancing dementia moving into a care home guidance
- Jill Carson, Consultant in Public Health, Alzheimer Scotland: presentation recording
- Sharon Mitchell-Ward, Inspector, Care Inspectorate: presentation recording
- Professor Karen Watchman, Professor in Ageing, Frailty and Dementia University of Stirling; presentation recording
- Webinar slides
- Further reading, useful resources and website links