A Quality Improvement Framework for Dementia Post-Diagnostic Support in Scotland
This framework A Quality Improvement Framework for Dementia Post-Diagnostic Support in Scotland sets out the criteria for high quality post‑diagnostic support for people living with dementia. It highlights policies, principles, rights and standards that underpin good service provision.
We produced the framework in collaboration with dementia practitioners, people with dementia and their carers.
The framework is a self-assessment tool. It supports practitioners and service managers to consider:
- where a service produces good outcomes for people with dementia
- where certain aspects could be improved, and
- where a clearer business case is necessary to ensure the service has the appropriate resources to operate.
Our film provides an introduction to the framework. We have also published resources to support use of the framework, including a template framework and improvement plan.
Making the most of your post-diagnostic support
Our accompanying guide Making the most of your post-diagnostic support is written for people with dementia and their carers. The guide explains what to expect from dementia post-diagnostic support in Scotland.
- explains what high-quality post-diagnostic support should look and feel like
- supports people with dementia to plan their post-diagnostic support, and
- recognise if the service they receive is doing what it should be doing.
This guide was produced in partnership with Alzheimer Scotland.
Read our impact summary to learn more about how service providers have used the framework.
Please get in touch if you plan to use the tool to share feedback about your experience of using the framework.
Please also get in touch if you have any comments or queries about the framework.