Working with staff who work with people with dementia and carers to share learning and practice examples across the health and social care system.
We are delivering a learning system to operate alongside our commissioned programmes that underpins all of our work. This learning system supports staff working with people with dementia and carers by sharing learning and practice examples across the health and social care system.
A learning system is the central element of any quality management system, it enables a group of people to come together to share and learn about a particular topic, to build knowledge and speed up improved outcomes. It connects and influences people and develops their understanding.
The learning system supports staff working with people with dementia in health and social care settings and aims to support:
- the sharing of learning and resources from our programmes of work
- the sharing of learning and resources from across the health and social care system
- networking opportunities
- the development of practical implementation guidance and tools to support improvement and spread at scale
- the provision of practical advice and support to adapt innovations into local contexts, and
- the evaluation of impact to identify effective interventions that may be implemented more widely.
Support for staff working with people with dementia in health and social care settings
We support staff working with people with dementia in health and social care settings by:
- hosting a series of webinars and workshops
- sharing implementation resources such as toolkits, case studies and evidence summaries, and
- promoting learning system content and activities via social media and other communication channels.
You can get involved in the learning system by:
- Reading our current newsletter for the latest programme updates.
- Joining our mailing network to receive our newsletters by emailing your details to email@example.com
- Reading our previous webinar summaries.
- Following our Twitter account @Focusondementia
- Using the dementia in hospitals toolkit to inform improvement work in inpatient and residential settings which support people with dementia.
- Using the Quality Improvement Framework to provide high quality post‑diagnostic support for people living with dementia.
- Using a guide to making general practice dementia friendly to enable GP practices to help people with dementia and their carers access high quality care and support.
- Using the 12 critical success factors to support successful co-ordinated care for people with dementia.
Get in touch
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the learning system or would like to speak to a member of the team.