Working with HSCPs and housing organisations to spread improvements which support greater independence at home and improved health and wellbeing
Where we live and call home matters hugely to our health and wellbeing. When that home is connected to the health and social care services that we need, the impact can be enormous.
Housing and homelessness in healthcare supports HSCPs and housing organisations to collaborate on improvements in our care delivery systems. To date the programme has delivered:
- Understanding the contribution of housing in order to maintain good health and wellbeing
- Understanding the role of housing organisations and the communities they serve
- Identify ways that housing providers can support tenants and residents will long term or progressive illnesses to remain at home
- Learning and sharing knowledge through network events, tools and reports
- Support to health and social care services to rapidly adapt to challenges presented by COVID-19, visit our HSC Learning web section.
Support for health and social care services and housing organisations
We support health and social care services and housing organisations to:
- identify and test ways in which the housing sector can reduce the pressures on hospital services by offering new or improved services
- improve housing options for people with dementia
- support housing organisations to increase their capacity as community anchors to support improved health and wellbeing
- provide responsive improvement support for partners on housing-related issues, and
- gather and share learning through networks, events, tools and reports.
Get in touch
Email us at email@example.com if you have a question about housing and homelessness in healthcare or if would like to speak to a member of the team about improvements which support greater independence at home and improved health and wellbeing.