- Past events
Mental Health Access Improvement Collaborative Learning Session 1 | 7 June 2018
This was the first national learning session of the Mental Health Access Improvement Collaborative which brings together CAMHS and Psychological Therapy (PT) teams working to improve access to services. The purpose of the collaborative is to share learning around improvement activity aimed at improving the quality of, and access to CAMHS and PT services.
- Master presentation slides (PDF)
- Breakout session presentations (PDF)
- Project charter template
- Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) template
Quality Improvement Masterclass with ELFT | 7 February 2018
In Feb 2018, the Mental Health Access Improvement Support Team (MHAIST) and East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) organised a QI master class for Psychological Therapy teams who had started or were planning an improvement project to develop ideas, theories and concepts into practical project plans. The team from East London shared examples of their improvement work and teams used the time to work on defining their own project focus and developing action plans for their next steps in project planning. All Psychological Therapy teams were invited to join the Mental Health Access Improvement Collaborative (details overleaf).
- Creating a community of shared learning (PDF), Emma Binley (EFLT)
- Case studies of QI used in PT services (PDF), Emma Binley, Rory Bolton, Erasmo Tacconelli (ELFT)
- Quality Improvement techniques (PDF), Marie Innes (MHAIST)
Psychological Therapies National Launch Event | 5 December 2017
This event brought together the Psychological Therapies community across Scotland to establish a community network /collaborative. The purpose of the collaborative being to share learning around improvement activity aimed at improving the quality of, and access to, psychological therapies.
- Pathway for Psychological Therapies (PDF)
- Reflections and Looking Forward (PDF), Alison McMullan (DCPS)
- Improving experience and reducing non attendance on the Pain Management Programme (PDF), Caroline Cochrane (NHS Lothian)
- Improving access to psychological therapy for people with heart failure (PDF), John Sharp (NHS Golden Jubilee)
- Improving access through improving service efficiency (PDF), Lucy Birch (NHS Lothian)
- Quality Improvement resources for psychological therapies
National Improvement and Networking Day for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Delivering and Developing Neurodevelopmental Pathways | 25 August 2017
MHAIST held a national event for Neurodevelopmental Pathways on Friday 25 August at The Studio, Glasgow. The event was attended by 106 with representation from 13 of the NHS boards, Scottish Government, Scottish ADHD Coalition, Carers Trust UK, NHS 24, NHS Education for Scotland, North of Scotland and West of Scotland CAMHS, Western Isles Council and Health and Social Care Partnerships.
Development and Improvement Day for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) | 24 January 2017
This event was co-hosted with the Scottish Patient Safety Programme for Mental Health. with the aim that delegates would have an increased understanding of how they can work at a local and a national level, using quality improvement methods, to ensure CAMHS are Safe, Timely, Effective and Person-Centred by drawing on the support from each other, national teams and the ideas and innovations shared at this event. The delegates included representatives from Health and Social Care, third sector organisations, service users, carers and families. Following the event a report was made available.