Improving carer involvement in hospital discharge
Each health board must ensure that before a cared-for person is discharged from hospital, it involves any carer of that person in the discharge - Carers (Scotland) Act 2016
Read about how we support teams to involve carers in hospital discharge.
Our resources share learning to support involving carers in hospital discharge.
Our evidence summary shares current knowledge of opportunities and challenges when involving carers in hospital discharge. The summary includes:
- findings from a recent literature review
- analysis of Scottish pilot projects, and
- analysis of Care Opinion stories.
This resource shares findings from a recent staff survey considering the extent of carer involvement in hospital discharge across Scotland. Staff based in the NHS, Health and Social Care Partnerships and local carer organisations were invited to participate. The resource includes:
- details of current projects and activities, and
- challenges and opportunities to improve carer involvement in hospital discharge.
Our resources support:
- staff working in acute settings,
- service managers, and
- other staff with a role in supporting carer involvement.
We are continuing to capture and share approaches to involving carers in hospital discharge. If you would like to share information about the approach in your area, please contact us email@example.com
Work with us
We would like to work with local teams to support the involvement of carers in hospital discharge. We can support teams to:
- design and implement improvement activities
- evaluate and evidence impact, and
- capture learning from local approaches
If you are interested in accessing support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org