Improving carer involvement in hospital discharge
A new set of resources are now available on the ihub website to support involving carers in hospital discharge.
Involving carers in hospital discharge: an evidence summary
Our evidence summary shares current knowledge of opportunities and challenges when involving carers in hospital discharge. The summary includes:
- findings from a recent literature review
- analysis of Scottish pilot projects, and
- analysis of Care Opinion stories.
Mapping carer involvement in hospital discharge in Scotland: Report
This resource shares findings from a recent staff survey considering the extent of carer involvement in hospital discharge across Scotland. Staff based in the NHS, Health and Social Care Partnerships and local carer organisations were invited to participate. The resource includes:
- details of current projects and activities, and
- challenges and opportunities to improve carer involvement in hospital discharge.
Our resources support:
- staff working in acute settings,
- service managers, and
- other staff with a role in supporting carer involvement.
We are continuing to capture and share approaches to involving carers in hospital discharge. If you would like to share information about the approach in your area, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org