Place, Home and Housing
Where we live and call home matters hugely to our health and wellbeing.
A settled home is critical to our sense of self and wellbeing, and provides a foundation from which people can flourish. Where that home is in an attractive, safe and connected community with accessible and welcoming services, the impact can be enormous.
A good quality home is at the heart of independent living. People who need care and support also require the right type of house, in the right location, at the right time, so that they can live their lives to the full.
The Place, Home and Housing portfolio supports improvements to strategic planning and housing services to provide people with a home environment that supports greater independence and improved health and well-being.
Our work currently includes:
- identifying and testing ways in which the housing sector can reduce the pressures on hospital services by offering new or improved services
- improving housing options for people with dementia
- building the capacity of housing organisations to use their role as community anchors to support improved health and wellbeing
- providing responsive improvement support for partners on housing-related issues, and
- gathering and sharing learning through networks, events, tools and reports.