Housing solutions training
One of the key outputs of the Adapting for Change pilot programme was the development of training materials.
The ‘Housing Solutions’ training programme applies the principles of Adapting for Change, and supports strategic service change and improvement across partnerships. It focuses on encouraging wider responsibility across our housing, health and social care services for the much earlier identification and discussion of housing needs and solutions.
Specifically designed for use by housing and Health and Social Care Partnerships, these include:
- a briefing note on the training programme
- Module 1, which covers the key principles and aims of the Adapting for Change programme, and sets the tone for the overall approach in terms of ‘acting early’ and having the ‘right housing conversations’
- Module 2, which focuses on assessing for, and the provision of, minor adaptations such as grab rails and handrails, special door handles and entry systems
- Module 3, which focuses on assessing for, and the provision of, moderate and major adaptations including footpaths and ramps, showers, stair lifts and ceiling track hoists.
Other communication information:
- Housing Solutions Joint Protocol
- Housing Solutions Proforma (Assessment tool for use by all agencies)
- Housing Solutions ‘Move or stay’ leaflet
- Housing Solutions 'Move or stay' Glasgow HSCP example