Latest news and events
Please check the ihub news and events section for the latest news and events.
Housing Solutions and Adaptations
Please see the presentations below from the Housing Solutions and Adaptations event at the Glasgow Hilton on 23rd March, 2018.
- A Strategic Perspective - The Aberdeen Experience (PDF)
- Adaptations –Governance, Strategic Priorities, Positioning and Planning (PDF)
- Adapting for Change - How's that working out? (PDF)
- Developing a Shared Approach in Angus –a view from Housing and OT Services (PDF)
- Innovative services for older & disabled people with housing needs through equipment, adaptations and efficient matching with accessible homes! (PDF)
- Housing Solutions –a change initiative (PDF)
- Joining the dots: Challenges and achievements in Aberdeen (PDF)
- Lochaber Care & Repair & Handyperson Service (PDF)
- Care and Repair Scotland Good Practice Guide - Executive Summary March 2018 (PDF)
- Care and Repair Scotland - Good Practice Guide March 2018 (PDF)
- Still minding the step? - Full report (PDF)
- Housing Solutions and Adaptations conference flash report (PDF)
Tayside Children's Equipment Evaluation Report and Tender
Work with Tayside Partners ( Dundee, NHS Tayside, Angus, & Perth & Kinross) to review their provision of equipment for Children, has recently concluded with positive outcomes for the services. All Partners report improvements in the pathways and more responsive provision of equipment, with these improvements supported by jointly delivered training modules to extend assessment roles between the professions. A ‘core’ stock has been agreed which will help standardise service provision, and a new joint tender and contract award has identified significant potential savings. Please see the attached reports for more information.
Home not hospital
In March 2017 more than 100 people from housing, health and social care attended the Home not Hospital event in Glasgow to hear how housing is helping keep people out of hospital. Presentations are now available here.
Health and Social Care- The Occupational Therapy Contribution
On the 1st November around 90 Occupational Therapists and Managers gathered in Dunblane to hear more about the vital contribution they can make to National Health and Well being outcomes in relation to Health and Social Care Integration. Participants were able to share experiences and progress within their own Partnerships and hear about approaches and models being used in different parts of the country.
Opening of new Community Equipment Store in the Western Isles
Following a review of the Western Isles Community Equipment service (see Community Equipment Governance & Partnership Arrangements insert link to Western Isles Report) the partnership has invested in a new purpose built facility which will radically improve equipment provision in the Uists and Barra.