The Primary Care Access programme supports primary care teams to identify the root cause of access issues, prioritise changes and use quality improvement methodology to test and embed changes to improve access to care.
Support for primary care teams
Participating teams receive support to understand their systems and to help improve an aspect of access over a seven week sprint. Primary care teams benefit from opportunities to:
- explore access challenges
- select a specific area to investigate and improve using tried and tested improvement tools
- test changes and monitor improvement, and
- share learning within clusters and further afield.
Visit the participating services page to learn how other services have used this opportunity and their progress.
This programme of work consists of three separate cohorts:
- Cohort one: 24/10/2022 - 09/12/2022 (expressions of interest now closed)
- Cohort two: 09/01/2023 - 24/02/2023 (expressions of interest now closed)
- Cohort three: 06/03/2023 - 28/04/2023 (open for expressions of interest until 12 December 2022)
Primary care teams interested in joining a cohort are asked to meet three criteria to ensure they have the conditions for change to successfully receive support to improve an aspect of access.
Criteria one: Be a:
- GP Cluster (if all practices can participate)
- GP Practice team
- multidisciplinary team in primary care, or
- pharmacotherapy team.
Criteria two: Ability to identify a project team. For a practice team this may be a practice manager, senior administrator and, if available, a GP to participate in the sessions and take forward the sprint within the practice.
Criteria three: Availability to participate as required during the seven week sprint. This will include two fixed date mandatory sessions and a further five flexible weekly coaching sessions.
Get in touch
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the Primary Care Access Programme.