Improvement Fund FAQs
- When is the Expression of Interest form available?
The Expression of Interest form (DOC) will be available on our website from 1 August 2017 and the Improvement Fund is open to accept Expressions of Interest only in the open call period from 1–22 September 2017.
- Can I speak to someone about my project idea before submitting an Expression of Interest form?
Yes, if you would like to speak to someone about your idea, you can contact email@example.com and we can either discuss your idea by email or arrange a call with you. As we anticipate a high level of interest, we would advise that you contact us as early as you can so that we can respond to you in time for you to submit your Expression of Interest by the deadline of 22 September.
- My project idea involves technology-based solutions, which is listed as something the Improvement Fund will not fund. Can I submit an Expression of Interest form?
This depends on the project and its focus. We understand that the use and development of technology can play an important role in the improvement of services and care. We may fund improvements to services, processes and practices supported by IT solutions where applicants can provide a very convincing case that the technology development is not the primary purpose of the project. Other funds are available solely for the development of technology solutions. Please see the following website for more information on other funds: www.in0v8.scot.nhs.uk.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still not sure and would like to discuss further.
- Can I submit more than one Expression of Interest form on behalf of my organisation?
There is no limit to the number of Expressions of Interest that you can submit on behalf of your organisation if you have several different ideas. However, please note that an organisation can only be the Lead Organisation on one project in any one funding period.
- My project idea involves costs for training staff, which is listed as something the Improvement Fund will not fund. Can I submit an Expression of Interest form?
We will not fund costs for education and training as a primary purpose or focus of the project, but we may fund education and training as part of the proposal to support implementation of the project idea. An indication could be the costs you are budgeting for training compared to other costs in your budget.
If you are in doubt as to whether your project is eligible, please contact email@example.com.
- Our project is not quite ready to go for this funding opportunity deadline. Will there be an opportunity to apply for funding next year?
There will be another opportunity to apply for Improvement Fund funding in 2018. Dates have not yet been confirmed but these will be communicated on our website in due course.