We work with primary care teams to test changes to prescribing processes and delivery of pharmacotherapy services
The GMS Contract (2018) and the supporting Memorandum of Understanding 2 outlined a commitment to the development of HSCP led pharmacotherapy services to support GP workload. Prescribing makes up a significant part of day-to-day workload in primary care services and this programme provides solutions to support rapid sustainable improvement.
The programme aims to deliver improvements that:
- enable staff involved in prescribing to work together effectively, and
- enable pharmacotherapy and practice staff to fully utilise their skills sets.
Support for primary care teams
We are also offering teams the chance to work on any aspect of pharmacotherapy as part of the Pharmacotherapy Quick Start Programme.
- Join the Pharmacotherapy Quick Start Programme
- Access the Acute Prescribing Quick Guide and the Acute Prescribing Toolkit
- Watch the recording of the Acute Prescribing Quick Guide Webinar and review the slides
- Download the Serial Prescriptions Toolkit.
- Follow us on twitter at @SPSP_PC
- Sign up for the PCIP newsletter
Get in touch
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about joining the Pharmacotherapy Quick Start Programme or our resources. We would also like to here from you if your team have learning about improving pharmacotherapy processes you would like to share.