Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) Care Bundle toolkit
All the resources in the NSAIDs toolkit have been developed to help your pharmacy team consistently deliver the key safety messages and improve the safety of NSAIDs by ensuring patients have better information about how to take NSAIDs safely. The NSAIDs dispensing GPs pack is located here
Our NSAIDs Communication Care Bundle Guide outlines how these resources can be used.
Please note that reorder items are due to be dispatched in August 2018.
NSAIDs care bundle
The NSAIDs bundle is made up of two parts:
- NSAIDs Communication Care Bundle – this toolkit provides a range of resources designed to help you implement the communication bundle and help you build your safety culture. Your NSAIDs toolkit box includes the following:
Resources for data collection
Resources to support implementation
1 wipe clean pen
- NSAIDs Safer Care Bundle – this bundle aims to improve the clinical care of patients who take NSAIDs in addition to other medication. Resources relating to this bundle are available to download here:
Your NSAIDs toolkit includes a data collection form and four run chart sheets. If your team prefers to capture data electronically, data can be entered into the Excel data collection tool. The electronic data collection tool will produce charts for both the Communication and Safer Care Bundle elements.
Our guide on how to use run charts for improvement is available to download here
- Our 2-minute guide provides basic information on how to implement the NSAIDs Communication Care Bundle. It should be used with the Communication Care Bundle Guide.
- A recording of the NSAIDs Communication Care Bundle webinar on 8 March 2018 is available to view.
- Further resources to support continuous quality improvement in the community pharmacy setting are available here:
Print-ready versions of the Medicine Sick Day Rules card and leaflets are available to download here along with guidance for external print companies. A print-ready version of the NSAIDs Safety Information card is available to download here.
Further supplies are expected to be managed locally.
For further support, please contact your local Quality Improvement contact or the Primary Care Portfolio team: hcis.PCPTeam@nhs.net.