MCQIC webinar: Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
Chaired by Dr Lynsey Still, MCQIC Neonatal Clinical Lead, Healthcare Improvement Scotland, this webinar focused on BPD.
The webinar provided an opportunity to:
- hear about practices from units with the lowest rates of BPD in the UK
- connect with others through the panel-led Q&A session
- reflect on consultation and testing of the proposed BPD toolkit, and
- agree on the next steps towards improving outcomes from BPD.
Resources available to download:
- webinar presentation (PDF)*, and
- reading list to accompany webinar (PDF).
*Please note that slides 45-49 include clips of echocardiograms that can only be seen playing on the webinar recording.
- Volume‐targeted versus pressure‐limited ventilation in neonates, Cochrane Library
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Nat Rev Dis Primers
- Assisted Ventilation: e-book
- Pulmonary vascular resistance. "Journal of applied physiology”
- Diuretic use in infants with developing or established chronic lung disease
- Nasal intermittent positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV)
- Non-invasive ventilation