Perinatal Collaborative Webinar Series: Building Perinatal Teams
Chaired by Dr Nirmala Mary, MCQIC Obstetric Clinic Lead, this webinar was the first in a series of perinatal collaborative webinars, bringing together ALL members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of pregnant women and newborns.
The webinar provided the opportunity to:
- hear more about the concept of perinatal teams and the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration in improving outcomes for mothers, babies and families
- learn from a highly successful perinatal team from the PERIPrem Project Team, and
- explore exciting new preterm perinatal wellbeing package resources from MCQIC to support collaboration and preterm optimisation.
Resources available to download:
- BAPM and NNAP toolkits
- BAPM Quality. Resources, toolkits and improvement stories
- Perinatal excellence to reduce injury in preterm birth (PERIPrem) through quality improvement | BMJ Open Quality
- Barriers and Enablers to the Implementation of a Perinatal Care Bundle: The Perinatal Excellence to Reduce Injury in Premature Birth (PERIPrem) Project (preprint)
- PERIPrem case studies were published in April 2022 by NHS Confederation and in July 2022 in the National Child Mortality Database thematic report (pages 21-22)
- Academic Health Science Networks
- Preterm Perinatal Wellbeing Package