About SPSP Paediatric Care
SPSP Paediatric Care aims to improve outcomes and reduce inequalities in outcomes by providing a safe, high quality care experience for all children and families across paediatric care settings in Scotland.
SPSP Paediatric Care is currently focusing on:
- reducing harm in paediatrics, and
- highlighting the importance of the Essentials of Safe Care (EoSC) in paediatric care.
Examples of SPSP Paediatric Care quality improvement (QI) interventions
There are numerous examples of paediatric care settings in Scotland that have used data to improve quality of care in paediatric services. They include:
Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde – 86% reduction between 2013 and 2019
- NHS Lothian – 86% reduction between 2013 and 2019
Resources to implement SPSP Paediatric Care QI interventions
Key resources that can help paediatric care services use QI to improve quality of care.
Paediatric Early Warning Score (PEWS)
- Project Surgery on ‘Watchers’ and PEWS webinar, June 2018
- National PEWS webinar, June 2017 (Dr Linda Clerihew and Dr Neil Spenceley)
- Developing a national PEWS webinars (Chapter 1-5)
- PEWS charts
- PEWS teaching package
- PEWS handy guide
- PEWS tables Please note that PEWS tables are not validated for use in Primary Care.
- Learning from Excellence & Sepsis webinar, April 2018
- Paediatric sepsis webinar, July 2017
- Managing Sepsis in Paediatrics webinar, May 2017
Get in touch
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the SPSP Paediatric Care or would like to speak to a team member about how we support the use of QI interventions to improve outcomes for children and families in Scotland.
- MS Teams SPSP MCQIC Members Area: registration form