Working with health and social care strategic planners and commissioners, including third and independent sectors, to enable improvement by embedding good practice in strategic planning and commissioning.
In its 2018 report on integration progress, Audit Scotland recommended that strategic planning needed to improve and that there were several barriers which must be overcome to enable change. Including, improving leadership capacity, better aligning strategic planning for integration with other plans of Councils, Health Boards and the Scottish Government, and a need to improve the way communities are involved in planning and implementing service redesign.
Good practice in strategic planning supports strategic planners to lead improvements in planning and commissioning of health and social care services. To date the programme has delivered:
- Increased understanding of what 'good' strategic planning looks like, including the delivery of thought leadership
- Work to embed a culture of effective strategic planning and commissioning across health and social care, leading to enhanced strategic planning capability
- Development of a suite of health and social focused strategic planning tools and resources
Support for strategic planners and commissioners from across the whole system of health and care.
We support strategic planners and commissioners by:
- providing expert strategic planning advice
- hosting thought leadership sessions
- coaching and providing guidance on good practice in strategic planning
- sharing learning and evidence of what works in planning for health and social care services, and
- connecting stakeholders across the health and care system.
Get in touch
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the Strategic Planning for Redesign Programme