What is Value Management?
Value Management is a new collaborative that aims to test and spread an innovative model developed within NHS Highland that supports clinical, care and finance teams to apply quality improvement methods with combined cost and quality data at team level to deliver improved patient outcomes, experience and value.
Financial, productivity and improvement in quality are now being demonstrated within NHS Highland participating teams including:
- Cath lab – 13% reduction in cost per patient per week
- Inpatient respiratory: 30% increase in number of patients seen per week and
- an additional 20% reduction in falls compared to similar non value management teams
We are recruiting five NHS boards to be part of the new collaborative, led by Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)'s ihub, working in partnership with NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI). It will run from August 2019 until March 2022.
Participating NHS boards will be required to develop and deliver a local value management learning network to test and spread the value management approach and share their implementation progress and learning within the national collaborative process.
The successful NHS boards will receive:
- Funds to support local improvement resources and participation within the national collaborative.
- Quality improvement capacity and capability building for teams testing the approach.
- Improvement coaching to support ongoing delivery and progress at ward, service, middle and executive leadership level.
- Improvement coaching capability building to embed a sustainable approach beyond the collaborative.
Applications are now closed and boards will be notified on the outcome of the recruitment process in due course.