What is Value Management?
Value Management is a new collaborative that aims to test and spread an innovative model developed within NHS Highland that supports clinical, care and finance teams to apply quality improvement methods with combined cost and quality data at team level to deliver improved patient outcomes, experience and value.
Financial, productivity and improvement in quality are now being demonstrated within NHS Highland participating teams including:
- Cath lab – 13% reduction in cost per patient per week
- Inpatient respiratory: 30% increase in number of patients seen per week and
- an additional 20% reduction in falls compared to similar non value management teams
We are recruiting five NHS boards to be part of the new collaborative, led by Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)'s ihub, working in partnership with NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI). It will run from August 2019 until March 2022.
Participating NHS boards will be required to develop and deliver a local value management learning network to test and spread the value management approach and share their implementation progress and learning within the national collaborative process.
The successful NHS boards will receive:
- Funds to support local improvement resources and participation within the national collaborative.
- Quality improvement capacity and capability building for teams testing the approach.
- Improvement coaching to support ongoing delivery and progress at ward, service, middle and executive leadership level.
- Improvement coaching capability building to embed a sustainable approach beyond the collaborative.
The following boards will be participating in the collaborative:
- NHS Highland
- NHS Tayside
- NHS Lothian
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- NHS Forth Valley, and
- NHS Lanarkshire.
Workshop 2 for Improvement Coaches & Team Leads, Edinburgh, 28 & 29 January
Improvement coaches and team leads from NHS boards participating in the Value Management collaborative are invited to attend a two day workshop on Tuesday 28 & Wednesday 29 January at SHSC, Edinburgh.
Overview and aims
- Recognise the impact and importance of establishing effective teams
- Apply Quality Improvement Methodology to plan, design, test and measure the impact within Value Management teams
- Be able to construct run and pareto charts to fully understand variation and using data for improvement to tell an effective story
- Practice coaching and facilitation skills whilst understanding the benefits of a coaching approach, and
- Be able to describe the concept of scale up and spread.