Diabetes-think, check, act has been working intensively with sites in NHS Lothian and NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to improve inpatient diabetes care for patients admitted with a secondary diagnosis of diabetes. Our work has suggested how we can:
- improve patient experience
- help patients recover faster
- facilitate speedier discharge from hospital
We're excited to be hosting the NHS Scotland Inpatient Diabetes Conference at Stirling Court Hotel on Friday 9 September 2016.
- Dr Neera Agarwal- Consultant Diabetologist, University Hospital Llandough, NHS Wales
- Dr Rustam Rea- Consultant Physician in Diabetes & Endocrinology, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Debbie Voigt- National Clinical Lead for Diabetes- think, check, act (Nursing), NHS Tayside
- Stuart Ritchie- National Clinical Lead for Diabetes- think, check, act (Medical), NHS Lothian
- Shona Cowan- Service Manager, Public Health Intelligence, National Services Scotland
We would like to invite you and your colleagues for the day, which promises to be an excellent opportunity for learning and networking. You are very welcome to bring posters showcasing work relating to diabetes care to share with your colleagues across Scotland.
Download the Agenda HERE
Each speaker’s slides are available for download below. Please feel free to share them with any colleagues who were unable to attend.