Our first MAT Standards learning session held on 21 April 2023 was hosted by Ruth Robin, Portfolio Lead for Housing and Homelessness in Healthcare at Healthcare Improvement Scotland, and during the session we heard from:
- Elena Whitham MSP, Minister for Drugs Policy within the Scottish Government with a note of appreciation recognising the efforts made by services across Scotland to implement the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Standards.
- Julie Heslin McCartney, Clinical Effectiveness Lead (East Region), Scottish Ambulance Service (SAS) on the development of the service’s work around the Non-Fatal Overdose Pathway.
- Lesley Campbell, Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service Team Lead, NHS Highland discussing the DARS Caithness Project centred around MAT standard 3.
- Natalie Logan Maclean, CEO at SISCO on the organisation’s work around Multiple Pathways to Recovery.
- John Campbell, Injection Equipment Provision Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde discussing The WAND Initiative
You can view the webinar recording here: National MAT Standards Learning System Webinar 1: Connections, Reflections & Progress
If you would like to skip to individual speakers, the timestamps are:
- Elena Whitham: 07:25-11:16
- Julie Heslin McCartney: 12:09-22:00
- Lesley Campbell: 22:18-35:30
- Natalie Logan Maclean: 39:27-52:26
- John Campbell: 56:01-1:06:36
You can view the webinar presentations here.
A breakout room was also held for attendees and a discussion summary of this can be found here.