Our second MAT Standards learning session held on 09 June 2023 was hosted by Diana Hekerem, Associate Director of Transformational Redesign, Healthcare Improvement Scotland. The session focused on the themes of Access, Choice and Support and during it we heard from:
- Jacqui McGinley, Integrated Operational Manager, West Dunbartonshire HSCP Addiction Service on the work being done in the area to provide same day access to treatment.
- Mark Blount, Specialist Pharmacist in Substance Misuse, NHS Dumfries & Galloway on the pilot programme for Long Acting Injectable Buprenorphine (LAIB).
- Lindsay Wallace, Senior Improvement Advisor, Healthcare Improvement Scotland with a note on Quality Improvement (QI) and a toolbox for spread.
- Dr Zoe Stanley, Head of Substance Misuse Psychology, NHS Forth Valley and Scott Ferguson, Recovery Development Worker, Recovery Scotland on the partnership work being done incorporating psychological therapies and recovery development workers.
You can view the webinar recording here: National MAT Standards Learning System Webinar 2: Access, Choice and Support
If you would like to skip to individual speakers, the timestamps are:
- Jacqui McGinley: 19:45
- Mark Blount: 1:09:45
- Lindsay Wallace: 1:27:43
- Dr Zoe Stanley, Scott Ferguson: 1:42:11
You can view the webinar presentations here.
A breakout room was also held for attendees and a discussion summary of this can be found here.